The Inverkeithing Heritage Regeneration scheme is now underway and will run until 2024.
Fife Council are working with Fife Historic Buildings Trust and the local community to deliver the project. Funding will also come from the National Lottery Heritage Fund and Historic Environment Scotland.
Here is an idea of the work happening over the next five years.
- Inverkeithing Town House will be restored to create a community hub that will be accessible to everyone.
- A grant scheme for buildings in the High Street area will help private owners to repair or improve their properties using traditional materials and skills.
- A major uplift to the High Street and the Market Square
- The Mercat Cross will be moved from its current location in Bank Street to the heart of the town.
- An exciting activity programme will raise awareness of Inverkeithing’s rich history and promote good practice in looking after traditional buildings.
To find out more about the project and to keep up to date visit the Fife Historic Buildings Trust site.
NEWS: Locals are bringing history to life at Inverkeithing’s Town House March 20020 (Links to Fife Council website)
Action Plan for Oakley and Comrie
This Action Plan is a working document which is designed to be adaptable to meet different scenarios and needs of the community. We are working in partnership with the Coalfields Regeneration Trust, local groups and members of the public to further develop this plan.
It summarises the process and outcomes of discussions held with the community at a number of open consultations and discussions. The contents will be used as a tool to drive, discuss, coordinate and implement change.
We would like you to contribute to the creative process of shaping the strategic future of Oakley and Comrie.
Join the conversation. Get involved in the implement and delivery of the plan objectives. Why not keep up to date with meetings to develop the future plans and have you say on the future of your community.
Click here to see the Action Plan
Follow us on Facebook @Oakley & Comrie Community Futures or search for the Hashtag #WeAreOakleyandComrie
Neighbourhood Plan for Inverkeithing
This Neighbourhood Plan is a flexible document which is likely to change. It is designed to be adaptable to meet different scenarios and needs.
We expect that over the 3 year life-cycle of the plan, conditions, opportunities, partners and funding options will undoubtedly change.
This Plan summarises the process and outcomes of the Imagine Inverkeithing Charrette Programme that took place in 2018. The contents will be used as a tool to drive, discuss, coordinate and implement change.
One of the key objectives of the Neighbourhood Plan is to empower a range of stakeholders within the local community to, not only contribute to the creative process of shaping the strategic future of the town, but to actually own, implement and deliver the Neighbourhood Plan objectives.
This is not a finished document. It is a draft which we ask you to read and comment on. All the comments received will be used to create an Action Plan which will then be developed to deliver the Neighbourhood Plan priorities.
Click here to see the Neighbourhood Plan for Inverkeithing
How you can get involved
- Join a local community group
- Keep up to date with local initiatives and get involved – Follow Our South West Fife on facebook or see what’s happening in your area
- Get involved in local campaigns and conversations – #Imagineinverkeithing
For more information contact: Lisa Hemphill, Local Development Officer Communities, phone 03451 55 55 55 ext 442763 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Masterplan for Inverkeithing
Click here for more information on #imagineInverkeithing and to view the Masterplan for Inverkeithing.