Fife Council are working with Fife Historic Buildings Trust and the local community to deliver the project. Funding will also come from the National Lottery Heritage Fund and Historic Environment Scotland.
Here is an idea of the work happening over the next five years.
- Inverkeithing Town House will be restored to create a community hub that will be accessible to everyone.
- A grant scheme for buildings in the High Street area will help private owners to repair or improve their properties using traditional materials and skills.
- A major uplift to the High Street and the Market Square
- The Mercat Cross will be moved from its current location in Bank Street to the heart of the town.
- An exciting activity programme will raise awareness of Inverkeithing’s rich history and promote good practice in looking after traditional buildings.
Building Stones of Inverkeithing
To protect and enhance the charm of the town centre for the future, it is vital that the historic buildings are cared for properly. As part of this project a stone survey was carried out. To learn more about the results click here. To view the full survey report visit the Fife Historic Buildings Trust website and look at the Inverkeithing project.
To find out more about the project and to keep up to date visit the Fife Historic Buildings Trust site.
PROJECT NEWS:(Links to Fife Council website)