A number of areas were identified throughout Fife using the Scottish Index of Multiple Deprivation (SIMD), local knowledge and existing or planned work to identify areas where additional Neighbourhood Plans would be produced. In the Levenmouth Area this included a plan for Buckhaven, this was produced in conjunction with Clear Buckhaven, Buckhaven Community Council with support from Planning Aid Scotland.
*Locality Plans as per the Community Empowerment (Scotland) Act 2015
Community Led Action Plans
The Coalfields Regeneration Trust have also worked with communities to develop and implement local plans through their coalfields-community-futures programme. To find out more about these please check out the plan for your area and get further information on how to get involved.
- East Wemyss and McDuff Community Action Plan 2019 - 2024
- Kennoway Community Action Plan 2018 - 2023
- Methil/Methilhill Community Action Plan 2016 - 2021
Know Levenmouth Area
Key research reports about the area:
- Levenmouth Area Profile
- Levenmouth Area Local Strategic Assessment (2022)
- Fife Local Area Economic Profile June 2022
Find out more at know.fife.scot